Presidium Synthetic Diamond Screener II (SDS II)
The Synthetic Diamond Screener II help screen out Type IIa colorless diamond, which is likely to be laboratory-grown and created through chemical vapor deposition (CVD) or high pressure high temperature (HPHT) syntheses, from the natural Type Ia colorless diamond. When subjected to this deep UV irradiation, Type Ia and Type IIa diamonds each absorb different amount of UV light. Type IIa diamonds allow deeper UV light to pass through and thus its UV light absorption ability is low. This difference in the light absorption is significant enough to aid in differentiating between colorless Type Ia and Type IIa diamonds.
- Help to screen out Type IIa diamonds likely to be laboratory-grown diamonds.
- Tests on diamonds within a range in dimension from 1.5 mm in width and up to 5 mm in height (approx. 0.02 to 10 carat size).
- Tests on polished diamonds of popular cuts such as brilliant round cut, emerald cut, baguette cut, etc.
- Can be used on both loose and mounted diamonds (on jewelry with open-back setting).
- For use on colorless diamonds from D Color down to J Color.
2 color coded (blue/red) indicator light bars to give clear results of mined Type Ia Diamond and Type IIa Diamond.
Test button will blink in red to alert if the device is unable to detect any stone on the photo-detector.
Exterior base rubber padding to ensure non-slip sturdiness and prevent scratches to surfaces.
Streamlined ergonomic design that enhances portability and stability.
Exterior USB port at back of unit for connecting to external power source.
Low battery indicator.