Presidium Gem Indicator (PGI)
The Presidium Gem Indicator is the only handheld tester in the industry specifically for colored gemstones. It indicates up to 31 different types of colored gems based on their thermal conductivity and even features a color input function that allows users to select from a range of 12 common colors, thereby achieving more accurate results. With an easy-to-read clear digital LED screen, this smart thermal tester also comes with the Presidium patented refined changeable probe tip, which ensures minimal equipment downtime.
The Presidium Gem Indicator is an enhanced and more convenient handheld version of the revolutionary Presidium Gem Tester/Colored Stone Estimator. It distinguishes between diamonds and other colored gemstones using the principles of thermal conductivity.
The Presidium Gem Indicator probe consists of two linked thermometers; one which is heated electronically, while the other is cooled by the gemstone being tested. The difference in temperature creates an electrical output, which is then amplified and displayed on the new digital organic LED display.
- Differentiates between diamonds and other colored gemstones
- Tests up to 31 different types of gemstones
- Color separation function of 12 colors with user input, to improve accuracy
- Industry’s thinnest probe tip (0.45 mm) for testing gemstones from 0.2ct
- Retractable thermoelectric tip that maintains constant pressure against gemstone
- Patented refined changeable probe tip
- Metal buzzer alert and low battery indicator
- Internal library database function of gemstones and their colors
- LED digital display and fast read-out
- USB connection to PC for more value-added functions
- Calibration Disk (Disk 1 & Disk 2)
- USB cable
- User handbook
- Warranty card
- Protective carrying case
Dimension: 170 x 28 x 30.5 mm.
Weight: 85 g.
Power: 3 x AAA batteries (approximately 2.5 hours of continuous operation).
Battery Life: Up to 3 hours of continuous use based on alkaline batteries.
Standby Time: 10 min from the last measurement.
Operating temperature: 18°C - 27°C.
Storage temperature: 10°C - 50°C.